If the map happens to find you in the northern hemisphere, then temperatures are headed to the hottest part of summer. The peak of the season can wreck havoc on your skin.
Here are ten easy steps to keep you looking stunning all summer long.
- Use SPF of at least 30 daily, and reapply often if you are in the sun for the entire day. We may sound like a broken record here for a sec, but remember, sunscreen is the cheapest and most effective anti-aging cream you can use…period.
- Wash with a gel cleanser that will cleanse without stripping the skin of its natural oils and non-drying. We suggest our Sea Botanical Wash, chemical fragrance free and non-irritating.
- Stay well hydrated throughout the entire day. If water gets a little boring for you, add slices of citrus fruits or cucumber for added flavor without the calories.
- Breakouts can occur more often in the summertime, be sure to wash your pillowcase often. Use wipes to clean your cell phone. Wash your makeup brushes once a week, or every other week.
- Limit fast food intake. Fast food is substantially higher in sodium, water retention and bloating is definitely not something you want if a swimsuit or shorts are in your near future.
- Load up on fruits and veggies that are in season all summer long. The more colorful your diet, the more benefit you will receive not only to your skin, but to your waistline as well.
- If you use our Extra Oil Controlling Pressed Powder, your skin will stay matte for the majority of the day. If you are brave enough to go completely makeup free, you can use our Rice Paper Blotters to absorb excess oil. The Rice Paper Blotter can be used with or without makeup, especially useful prior to photos, and to throw in your purse for touch-ups.
- Keep hair well moisturized. The sun and wind, along with the additional time spent outdoors and in pools can really dry out your hair. A deep moisturizing treatment at least once a week will help keep your hair manageable and healthy.
- If you love to have that bronze color all summer long, but don't want the damage from the sun, look into airbrush tanning. Our Dallas studio, AVA Pro Studio near SMU, offers organic air brush tanning, available by appointment only, visit AVAProStudio.com to submit an appointment request.
Have a safe and gorgeous summer and let us help you…
Discover a Stunning You®
Bonnie and Tanya