The holidays are just over a month from now and you've no doubt got several parties and events you're hoping to get to. You want to make an entrance though, have people turn around and look, thinking "isn't she stunning"!
Truth be told, it doesn't have to be difficult, and you're definitely more than worth it. Here are 15 helpful hints to help you look stunning this holiday season!
- A good cleanser – having a good facial cleanser is one that cleans the skin without drying or stripping the skin of natural oils.
- An effective exfoliator – Although many exfoliation products can easily be found on your local store shelves, most of these should only be used on the body, they are often too abrasive for the face. An effective facial exfoliator should have tiny beads and fruit acids that will remove dead skin cells without tearing or irritating sensitive skin.
- Moisturizer – A good moisturizer is essential to preventing unwanted dry patches. Look for a concentrated, water based moisturizer, one that does not contain any mineral oil or petroleum related ingredients. In addition to moisturizer, make sure to always use sunscreen to protect your skin, it's the easiest way to prevent premature aging. Our Healthy Skin TRIO provides cleansing, exfoliation and rehydration using the perfect ph balance for healthy skin.
- A good foundation – having a foundation that covers well and is buildable and blend able is imperative to having a finished overall look. You want a foundation that provides different levels of coverage while still looking natural. Our Flawless Foundations were created for use by professionals, but can be used as an excellent every day foundation as well.
- Concealer – great for when you find yourself looking a little tired, apply around the eyes. Also helpful for covering any blemishes or discolorations you may have.
- Eyelash curler – Curling the lashes helps to open up the eye. Be sure to use a good quality lash curler and replace the pads often to prevent pulling out lashes or breaking them off near the base of the eye lash.
- Mascara – Don't settle until you find mascara that does not flake, run, or clump. The color black is hands-down, the best color to use for all skin tones.
- Professional makeup brushes – Using professional makeup brushes makes a huge difference when applying makeup. Professional makeup brushes essentially do the work for you. Although they may seem more expensive, they are more than worth the price in what they provide in return. A good set up professional brushes can last years if properly cared for. Bonnie talks about how to keep your makeup brushes clean in one of our recent blogs.
- A color palette of cosmetics complimentary to your skin tone – This can be difficult if you aren't familiar with what colors work best with your skin tone, we would love to help you find the colors that bring out your specific features.
- A complimentary lipstick – When we formulated the colors for our own line of lipsticks, we wanted to make sure that all of the colors were complimentary to most every skin tone. Our colors have blue undertones, this makes the teeth look whiter and will help to compliment and highlight the lips, rather than making them a distraction to your look.
- Hair color – Whether you buy hair color from the store or go to the swankiest salon in town, be sure find a hair color that is complimentary to your skin tone. If you are unsure what color would look best, find a color that is similar to what you had when you were young. As we age our hair color darkens, often the color of hair you had as a child will be the most complimentary to your own skin. If you are in Dallas, please let us have one of our professional color and stylists suggest a look that is perfect for the shape of your face as well as your lifestyle.
- Professional hair products – although there are some hair care products that are cheap and work well, it's often the professional products that give you a look like you've just been to the salon.
- Night serum – In your thirties and beyond, using a night serum will help repair and restore the skin while you sleep. Our Green Tea Bio Active Serum contains no fragrance or parabens and is gentle enough to use around the entire eye area.
- Exercise – A good exercise program helps your blood circulate, oxygen intake increases, this excellent for healthy looking skin, not to mention your waistline. Recent studies have also shown exercise to be very beneficial for acne prone skin as well. Read more about the benefits of exercise for the skin in this article at Web MD. Be sure to consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program.
- Rest – getting a good night's rest and taking time to really care for you is important to any and all beauty routines. Lack of sleep can actually accelerate the aging process. Here's another great article from Web MD about sleep and aging.
Turn heads this holiday season!
Let us help you…
Discover a Stunning You®
Bonnie and Tanya