It's not every day that you get a professional makeup artist to come do your makeup. Should you have the opportunity for a professional makeup application or just doing your own makeup for a special occasion, here are some great pre-makeup preparation tips:
- Wear a button down shirt.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and salty food (basically…do nothing fun the night before).
- Make sure face is clean and dry – of course we recommend Sea Botanical Wash, followed by Bio Cellular Exfoliant and Mineral Rehyrator, but any oil free cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer will suffice.
- Avoid the crabby's –your body requires nourishment and you may not have time to eat later, bring a snack. High protein is best and will stick to your ribs better than carbs which turn to sugar in the body.
- Make a realistic itinerary and be sure to include any travel time. Be generous in making your schedule and the day will be far more enjoyable. Time always moves quickly and you must have time for the unexpected.
- You should allow one hour for makeup. This applies to professional application; you may not need this much time if you are doing it yourself. However, it's best to have excess time as opposed to too little time to get the job done.
- Exfoliate your lips, use a lip exfoliation treatment, or towel, or clean toothbrush immediately after showering on the lips to remove any flakiness.
- Be sure to have your lipstick and powder, or our Rice Paper Blotters handy to touch up lipstick and keep oiliness away (pictures + oily skin = shiny face in photos)
- If having your makeup done professionally, e-mail a map of the location as well as where the artist should find you within the location prior to the special occasion date.
- If having your hair professionally done make sure it is finished prior to makeup application.
Let the stress of your special occasion be about the occasion and not the way you look!
Discover a Stunning You®
Bonnie and Tanya